Export/Import from XML to SAP
When you are in the position where you need to replicate plans and their associated rules, formulae and variables, it may be quicker to export XML from existing rules. These can then be opened using Notepad ++ where you can alter the naming conventions before re-uploading to the system to create new variables, formulae, and rules.
The important thing is to do this in a stepped manner, ie load in this order, one by one:
Fixed Values > Lookup Tables > Variables > Rules
The Process can be summarized as follows:
1. Choose Object to be replicated and click Export to XML
2. Go-to Downloads folder. Right-click on required file and open with Notepad++
3. Change values etc in the file.
4. To re-import go to Pipeline
5. Click Run Pipeline > Import Plan Data > Run Now > Start
Want to join our Tech Tip distribution? Join our community of SPM users to receive the latest information about SPM technology solutions.
Have a question for one of our SPM experts? We’re here to help! Submit your question and one of our experts will be in touch shortly.