Creating a Custom Data Model for Embedded Analytics
Custom data model can be used in Embedded Analytics when a story that involves one or more TCMP and EXT tables is used.
There are two types of Custom Models.
- Custom model with NO data restriction
- Custom model with data restriction
The primary difference between these two is that in the custom model with data restriction, one can apply the restrictions like:
- Payee can see his information
- Manager can see only his and his subordinates’ information
- Admin can see data only to their related BU
Steps in creating the custom data model:
- Create an SQL View in EXT Schema based on any combination of TCMP/EXT Tables with the naming convention as CSA_Viewname_SVW_4digitcustomercode
- Create Structured Privileges on EXT Schema for Data Security. Here one can add the filters for all restrictions.
- Add grants for the structured privileges. SAP needs to deploy this view as custom data model. Deploying after Step 1 creates a custom data model with NO data restriction. Deploying after Step 3 creates a custom data model with data restriction.