OpenSymmetry is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
OpenSymmetry may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
What we collect
OpenSymmetry collects personal information for certain legitimate business purposes. We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
OpenSymmetry processes personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional email about new products or services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
- To customize the website according to your interests.
- We may provide your information to our third-party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
Whenever we process data for these purposes, OpenSymmetry will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
OpenSymmetry takes precautions to protect data and information under its control from misuse, loss or alteration. OpenSymmetry utilizes industry standard best practices for Internet security. OpenSymmetry maintains security measures to allow only the appropriate personnel access to your information. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and OpenSymmetry disclaims any liability resulting from use of its website. In addition, our website is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The OpenSymmetry website contains links to other websites. OpenSymmetry is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Visitors will need to check the policy statement of these other websites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used by OpenSymmetry for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing here.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.