You Know You're a Sales Compensation Consultant When
July 26, 2016
An inside look of what it’s like to be a sales compensation consultant
Many people don’t know what it’s like to work as a sales compensation consultant. We asked our team to share their own perspective of a traveling sales comp professional. Here’s what they came up with:
You know you’re a sales compensation consultant when…
- … your subconscious is your friend; you wake up knowing a solution you’d spent hours on the night before.
- … someone says quota, and you automatically say: is that periodic, monthly, quarterly, annual?
- … you know what a SPIF is and how to spell it.
- … you know 6 different terms for the word incentive.
- … you tell the check in clerk the flight gate.
(via Make A Gif)
- … you have your children on an incentive-based allowance with an end of quarter kicker for chore achievement.
(via London Grumblr)
- … you can explain complex calc logic to a group of business people with approving nods, but only get blank stares from friends and family when trying to explain what it is you actually DO.
- … the last thing you want to do on vacation is get on a plane.
(via Perez Hilton)
- … you’ve become numb to 7 figure earnings statements.
- … you think Matt Damon in ‘The Martian’ had it easy.
In the comment section below, add to our list!